The commune is administered under the authority of the council of the mayor and two deputy mayor, whose members have been selected by Town Council members.
The mayor is appointed by the Grand Duke and the deputy mayors are appointed by the Ministry of the Interior on proposal from the majority of Town Council members.
Theses council sessions are not public as opposed to community council meetings. Council meetings may be attended by experts.
The essential attributions of the council are as follows:
– Day-to-day problem solving
– Enforcement of laws, regulations and decrees of the Grand Duchy and of the Ministry, insofar as they do not concern the police
– Publication and execution of resolutions and decisions of the municipal council
– Legal actions of the municipality
– Supervision of communal services
– Management of communal works
– Municipal administration
– Revenue and expense management